Hey Guys! I don’t really want to waste my precious time writing long reviews for books that don’t deserve it, so I thought I’d just kind of lump together a bunch of books I didn’t like and shove the all in one post, enjoy! ❤
- Like almost everyone my age, I went through the British YouTuber phase (I hate myself lets not talk about it) and when out dearest Zoella ‘wrote’ her ‘own’ ‘book’, I bought it.
- The funny thing is, after Zoe admitted to having a ghostwriter, she prided herself on the fact the storyline was all her idea, and the storyline, was absolute garbage, and probably the worst thing about this book, so great job
- I feel like nobody mentions this, but the MC in this book has anxiety, she meets some cute boy who takes her somewhere in his car, she has anxiety with car and only realises this later??? What??? Cute boys do not fix anxiety??
- I despise this woman for taking advantage of her young, impressionable audience constantly and never acknowledging it
- I also hate this book, the main character (idk her name) is clearly just an even limper and more forgettable version of Zoe and overall, is just a very sad and boring and whiny little bitch
- One more thing, after people (rightfully) complained after it came out that this book was ghostwritten, Zoe had the audacity to make people feel guilty for making her anxiety bad. Boo hoo, if you didn’t want this to happen, then you shouldn’t have lied.
- This book is crap and I hate it, okay? Okay.
- This book was so rubbish, it was so boring, it was just our MC complaining and then smoking with some random bitch.
- Also, I really don’t agree with discriminating against a straight person who doesn’t want to be with a trans person, these things are a matter of taste in my opinion, please feel free to (politely) correct me if I’m wrong. The second the main character got a bit weird after finding out the MC was trans, he was suddenly made to look like an awful person who wanted to ruin the MCs life, which I don’t think is very fair considering he had literally just found out this person was trans, and he came around in the end, he just needed to get used to the thought and there is nothing wrong with that
- Also, I heard there was a thing where the author of this book was accused of raping and abusing her wife, if this is true, she is scum, if not, her book is still rubbish, that controversy has nothing to do with my opinion on her novel, I just wanted to mention this in case it would impact your decision on buying her book and, by doing this, supporting her.
- Madeline treated her mother like crap and was a complete brat and made some very bitch-ass moves
- The ‘twist’ made reading this book a complete waste of my time, which is great
- The message that this book gives is crap :
maybe growing up means disappointing the people we love
- This whole book was a teenage girl willing to die to be with a boy she’d emailed for a couple of days
Thank you so much for reading my post! Do you agree with my opinions or did you actually enjoy these books? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear your opinions<3 As always, please remember these are JUST MY OPINIONS, and I generally talk in a very sarcastic and probably dramatic way, so please take no offence to anything said in this post, it is truly my last intention to upset anyone with these posts. Thank you again for reading and I will talk to you in my next post!