Hi everyone! So I thought I’d try this post out as a new way of doing reviews, I thought it’d be pretty fun, especially for books I didn’t like as much, so, all I’m going to do, is offer you my sarcastic and pretty evil thoughts I had whilst reading this book, I hope you enjoy!
My Rating: ★☆☆☆☆
Genre: YA Romance
Eleanor… Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough…Eleanor.
Park… He knows she’ll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There’s a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises…Park.
Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.
- This whole ‘chubby girl with red curly hair’ thing is getting old
- You can’t just refer to a person as ‘that Asian kid’
- I swear this book is written by a white woman, surely she knew people would come for her
- No, Asians don’t see things smaller or in widescreen, you racist bitch
- Wait, are they in love now? When did that happen?
- Seriously, why does she keep calling him ‘Asian kid’
- What does the fact that he’s Korean have to do with you liking him?
- You’re literally wearing eyeliner, you don’t look different, you’re still an ugly cow (I’m saying this because she’s an awful person)
- If someone just completely ignored me when I told them I’d missed them, I would not say ‘back to missing you’, I’d ask what their problem was, well, I’d probably cry because I need validation, but anyway
- ‘I need you’, really? You’ve known her for like four days max
- You are so up your own ass that you’re upset he had another girlfriend when he was twelve?
- Don’t you just love casual racism?
- Why are you abandoning your family for a racist bitch? You shouldn’t abandon your family for a regular bitch, let alone a racist one
- I can’t believe a white woman wrote this in today’s society and thought there’d be zero backlash
- I hate Eleanor
- I hate Eleanor
- I HATE ELEANOR
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed my snarky comments and didn’t think I was too rude, this is literally just the way I talk and I don’t mean to offend or upset anyone. What are your opinions on this book? Have you read it? Do you plan on reading it? Let me know in the comments and I will talk to you all in my next post!